Horse and Pony Show
Sunday, September 27, 2015 @ 9:00 a.m. Sharp
Rules are as follows:
- All competitors must have a paid-up Fair membership of $4.00 to show in any class. Gate fee of $5.00 applies to all non-members attending.
- Pony classes open to all breeds. Must be 14.2 hands and under. (Ponies can be measured day of show). NO exceptions will be made to this rule.
- Ages of exhibitors will be determined as of 1st January the current year.
- Exhibitors to be dressed neat and tidy. ALL exhibitors must wear proper dress. Lead on Line, Walk, and Jog entrants must wear proper foot attire.
- Lead on Line, Walk and Jog exhibitors can enter Halter, Showmanship classes. If going in Costume they must be lead.
- Classes will be run according to A.Q.H.A. rules and C.E.F. rules. Judges interpretation will govern.
- All registered horses must show proof of registration.
- If you enter class #3 or #4 you cannot enter class #5
NOTE: If a horse has been shown previously at local a Horse Club as a registered horse, it must be shown as a registered horse at the Ameliasburgh Fair.
- Fees are not refundable due to inclement weather before the show starts or once show has started. No refund of fees unless a note from the veterinary.
- NO refunds once a class is entered, it remains. If you wish to change a class, a new entry fee must be paid. This includes all pre-entered classes.
- Members showing stallions must be 18 years and over.
- Youth classes are 18 years and under.
- Sr. Pony classes are 18 years and over
- There must be a minimum of 3 entries in each class to be judged. Show committee has the right to combine classes.
- Deadline for entries is 6:00 p.m. September 18, 2015. A late entry fee of $5.00 per pony per class and $6.00 per horse class will be charged after this date.
- Please make cheques payable to Ameliasburgh Fair Board
- All numbers will be $2.00 with money being returned after the show, when numbers are returned.
- Mail or Call entries into:
Scott & Amanda Carter, 613-962-1795
1027 Victoria Road
- Fees for all classes are: Pony . . . $2.50 each
Horse . . . $3.00 each
Sunday September 27, 2015 @ 9:00 am
PRIZES and RIBBONS: 1ST . . . $11.00 2ND . . . $9.00 3RD . . . $6.00
- Stallion Halter, any breed
- Pony Halter
- Registered or Open Mares (no ponies) or
- Registered or Open Geldings (no ponies)
- Registered Appaloosa Halter (trophy donated by the Shaw family)
- Champion and Reserve
- Resident of Ameliasbugh Line Class (trophy and ribbons only) Rider must reside in Ameliasburgh.
- Youth Showmanship
- Showmanship (Sr. can show ponies)
- Lead On Line (11 and under)
- Walk and Jog (13 and under)
PRIZES and RIBBONS: 1ST . . . $14.00 2ND . . . $10.00 3RD . . . $8.00
- Jack Benny Class (rider must be over 39 yrs. and cannot show in any other riding class) Walk and Trot / Jog only
- Youth English Pleasure Pony
- English Pleasure Horse
- Youth English Equitation
- English Equitation (no ponies)
- Youth Hunter Hack
- Hunter Hack (horses and ponies)
- Youth Show Hack
- Show Hack (horses and ponies)
- English or Western Pony – Pleasure
- English or Western Pony – Equitation
- Youth Western Pleasure Pony
- Western Pleasure Horse
- Youth Western Equitation
- Western Equitation (no ponies)
- Youth Open Command
- Open Command (horses and ponies)
- Youth Special Event
- Special Event (horses and ponies)
- Youth Musical Tires
- Musical Tires (horses and ponies)
- Youth Potato Race
- Potato Race (horses and ponies)
- Ride a Buck – horses and ponies ($5.00 to enter, winner takes all)
- Open Costume
CONVENOR: Nicole Everall, 613-399-1721